Monday, May 21, 2012

Tyler Day #1 I agree that it would be harsh to leave a kid in the wilderness, no matter how long. He could encounter a bear like the picture on the front of the book. What does his father mean by "make notches on a stick"? This reminds me of Brian's Winter when he killed the moose because he had to do so much preparing before every meal. What if it's not a small creature and instead it's a person being hunted by Indians? When he said "howdy", I thought he was from Texas. If I were him, I would take the gun and start running from that cowboy. Clearly, someone who was admiring a gun and ran away from a town in a big hurry, did something wrong. I think this book is not like Hatchet because Brian was nowhere near civilization. A similarity this book shares with Hatchet is that they both have to endure what nature has in store for them.