Thursday, May 31, 2012

Shane Day 5 I think that Matt has lot’s more to learn about the wilderness because he was numb as stone ready to run from the bear,but before he could blink Attean shot the arrow right between the bears eyes. I disagree with Tyler when he says that Attean and Matt are a good team because Attean never smiles and they just don’t act like friends. I find it very weird how Attean talks to animals like he talked to the bear. Tyler Day 5 I agree with Ryan that if he had never met the Indians he would be dead. Lindsay I think this book is called the sign of the beaver because their Indian tribe is called the beaver. If Brian was in this book he would say they are wasteful for only taking the animal skins and make them not waste a single strip of meat. I thought the bear would at least give them an injury before dying. Lindsay Day 5- There was a grammatical error on page sixty-three, paragraph one, when the author forgot to indent the paragraph. I found a metaphor on page sixty-seven, paragraph one 'He was speaking the English tongue with greater ease.' This book is sort of like The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe because it had the bible references in it. I love to blog better than writing everything down. This book is interesting because I used to watch survival stuff with my Dad in preschool so it's like a flashback from when I was younger. It must have taken a lot of courage for Attean to just go ahead and kill the bear. I would be afraid to do anything about the bear. Brock, mangy means loss of hair, hairless. Ryan Day 5 When reading these chapters I think that the author felt excited about writing these chapters because they got to kill the bear, and that was an exciting moment for Matt. I thought that it was a little weird when Attean started talking to the bear and to say that he didn't want to kill it. I agree with Tyler that Matt should be a little grateful to have Attean show him all these things. If he didn't then Matt might not be alive in this point in the book. In this point in the book I am really liking this book so far because it is a lot like Hatchet. I can't wait to see what happens in the next chapters!! Also Tyler, thick- headed means a stupid person or a blockhead. Brock Day 5 I thought it was very mean of Attean to leave the fox in white man trap and it will have to live with three feet in order to live. When Matt was scared when he saw the big bear reminded me of when I was in the woods at my grandmother’s house and a really big bear walked right in front of me. Michel said that he did not know why Matt teaches Attean his language I think he teaches him because Attean saved his life and treated him. The front cover of the book shows that the bear is jumping in the air but in the book Attean Kills the bear on the ground. I wonder What Attean and Matt are going to do with the bear? Tanner Day 5 I disagree with you Ryan that Ateen you think Matt fely bad because I know that he will learn to hunt. I wonder why Atten said that iron traps are bad for indians. I think hatchet is better because in this book theres like no action in hatchet something bad happened every chapter and tha made it more interesting. It was wierd when Ateen said that the fox will get out of the trap by eating his leg so it would be skinny. I think that Ateens brothers are just like him. What does the word ark mean on page 69 paragraph one. I think that story was really wierd.