Thursday, May 31, 2012

Jordyn Day 6 I wonder why the Indians just suddenly started inviting Matt to there village. I think the grandmother should at least give Matt a chance or any white person a chance because what happened to Attean's mother. She doesn’t trust white people but some white people are bad and some are very nice and good. I agree with Tyler that Matt and Attean bond the best in the woods because Attean teaches Matt new stuff everyday about either fishing, hunting or something else and because both of them can hunt and both of them help each other out a lot. I think Matt was probably very happy to see Attean smile and not so grumpy. I don’t think Attean is being that mean when he is joking because matt always takes it in a bad way. Jordyn Jordyn Day 5 Brock didn’t know what mangy means and it means infected with mange and also relating to, characteristics of, or resulting from mange. I'm with Lindsey about the title of the book, The Sign of the Beaver, is called that because usually it gives you hints through out the whole book about the title but in the eleventh chapter it starts talking about it so maybe the author is getting to the point slowly. I sort of think the story that Matt told Attean about and the story that Attean told Matt is sort of the same thing, I think the Indians just have a little different version of it. I think it is kind of weird how every time Attean kills an animal he always talks to it and tells it that he is sorry or something like that. This book is very much like Hatchet because both Brian and Matt experienced a bear and both of the bears got killed. Jordyn Tyler day 6 I agree with Michael that it was so cool when he killed the bear. I wonder what bear meat tastes like because it sounds good. Why don't they find Ben and take back the gun? What if Ben killed Matt's father? ________________________________________ Shane Day 5 I don’t know why Matt was surprised when they invited him over for a feast because they made a treaty and there they are friends. I wonder how a person could make money off an Indian scalp because first off who would buy it and second how come only Indian scalp is valuable. I disagree with Lindsay when she says how it would be embarrassing to fall into a pond, and I disagree with her when she says it was rude how Attean didn’t help him up because he is an Indian they don’t manners. Michael day 5 Brock i disagree that his boe is nce cause it can break easily because it is wood. I think that Matt and Attean will be huning and they will meet Matt's da in the woods near the ear and they will kill the ebar together. I would be scaredd if isaw that kid with the paint on his face because it would be weird to see someone with painrt on them. I wonder if there will be a nother bear thta they try kill? It would be wierd if someone killed your mom and yoour dad left cause they could be watching you. Brock Day 6 On page 76 I fond figurative language thinking of his father, he felt a snake of worry crawling about behind every other thought idiom. I thought it was very weird of Matt of to fall asleep in the wigwam. I thought the dog that was Attean’s was going to die but it did not it has to live it’s life now with three legs I think it will die soon. It seemed that Attean did not even care that his dog almost died he just said how worthless it is. I see the Indians really like to dance I would not want to dance like Matt did. I think Attean does not like animals. Michel said why does Attean care that Matt killed the bear I think he cares because he is jealous. Tanner Day 6 I disagree with Linsey that it would be embarasing to fall in a stream because there was no one around beside Atten. I found personifiction when Ateen said that bears have a feast with qwas on page 77 paragraph 3. What does the word wigmans mean on page78 paragraph 2. I think it means mans with wigs. Do u like hatchet or this book better. I woonder why Matt think the kid lokkes wierd. I think the kid is stupid because hes not eating because he didnt kill the bear. Lindsay Day 6 -There was another grammatical error on page seventy-six paragraph one when there was no comma after 'In the late afternoon, Matt sat in the cabin doorway'. The way the author described when Matt was canoeing was superb, she got in depth with detail, and made me want to go canoeing with them. The feast/party seemed like it would be a lot of fun! The field trip came in handy when the author mentioned a wampum. Otherwise, I wouldn't know what it was. Do you guys like the book so far? I do, but at times I zone out of it and lose concentration because the book gets to be boring. The author has been making quite a lot of typos lately in the book. I agree with Shane that Attean never seems to be happy, and maybe he should smile and let go. Remember, we will read only two chapters a night starting tomorrow! Ryan Day 6 That is a good question Micheal - why does Attean all of a sudden like Matt? When I was reading theses chapters I felt like I just wanted to get up with Matt and help free that dog. I was surprised that Attean's mother got killed. Why do you think the white man killed his mother? I found a simile on page 84 that said the children "were naked as little frogs". I can't wait until I can finish this book and see what happens next!!