Monday, June 4, 2012

Micahel Day 8 Shane i disagree that it is wierd that Attean talks to animals cause he is an indian and i think that it is not wierd for them. I think that Matt should've stayed with the indians cause they would take care of and prrovide more food for him. I dont think his will come back cause he was gone for a lot of time. It was so different back then cause a piece of sugar was a treat and that was like nothing to us now. Ashley Day 2 hi everyone! clearly Matt has made some progress because the book states "Gradually his spirits rose again. The July weather was perfect. The flies and mosquitoes were less bothersome. He began to count the days ahead instead of the ones the had notched. Two or three more sticks and his family would be there. The corn began to grow taller. The little green pumpkins were rounding out. He could make it a little longer." then it started to go all wrong. the book says "Matt had been fishing all morning. A good, clear day, the water still nippy at his ankles, the sun warm on his bare head. He had followed the creek a long way and had a lucky catch. He came whistling out of the woods, swinging the four speckled trout. He quieted down all of a sudden ( notice i put all in red because that is a word error) when he heard a crackling in the underbrush close by." thanks for reading good night and PEACE OUT Lindsay Day 8 - I have to agree with Saknis, maybe his father isn't coming back. Even if he might not he should at least try and look for him. I think it was good of Matt to decline the offer to go on the hunt. I don't feel it's safe for kids their age to be doing stuff like that. They could get badly hurt. The author makes a lot of errors. For example, she never indents the begining of every starting paragraph for a new chapter. I'm sad Matt won't see his only company again. I think each detail as you go on through the book becomes less and less like Hatchet. Jordyn, I think they thought he was a good kid and it was okay if he did maybe they felt bad for him. Two more days!!! Brock Day 8 I think the author made Attean come back from hunting a little to early because that seemed to quick to me how about you? I think Matt made the wrong diction. I thought he should have went with Attean on the hunt. I think he will starve in the winter time and want to go with the Indians and his family will never come. I thought the author tried to make the mood of these chapters very sad. Lindsay said that Attean going to hunt is not good idea I think it is because he really wanted to catch his Manitou and it it is a chance to explore. Shane Day 8 I disagree with Brock when he says that the game the Indians played was boring I don’t think it was that smart of Matt to stay home because he could have just wrote a note to them and he could live with the Indians. I agree with Lindsey when she says that it is disrespectful to get mad at him for something he didn’t do. I am surprised the Indians got a gun because they don’t normally whit man stuff. Ryan Day 8 Tyler I agree with you that I think this is a gambling game too because Attean had to give his shirt away to some Indian kid from Attean's tribe. I also agree with you on that Attean's grandmother should give a white person a chance because she doesn't know if they are a bad person or not. I disagree with Tanner's observations that there is no action because when Attean and Matt killed the bear there was some action at that part of the book. I hope Brock is right that Matt won't have any problems while Attean is gone. I am surprised that Matt gave Attean that watch that was so important to him because earlier in the book Matt said that he would keep it safe with HIM. I was also very shocked when Attean called Matt "medabe" or in English "white brother". I can't wait until I finish this book and see what happens next. Jordyn Day 7 I think I like this book better than Hatchet because it is just more interesting to read. I disagree with Tyler, about getting the gun back from Ben. Ben stole it and probably thought Matt was going to come looking for him so he probably is far away. If they find Ben I wouldn’t try to get the gun from him because he has a gun so you never know what somebody can do with it. Lindsey, I really like this book too and sometimes I get the same way where you all of the sudden zone out because it is nothing interesting you want to read. I think Attean is going to come back from where ever he was and be Manitou . Do you think? Jordyn Michael Day 7 Shane i disagree that you said this book is really wierd I think it is inteeresting see what indians act like back then.I wounder if Atteans dad will ever find the people that killed his mom. Why did the indians laugh at Attean,his sister, and grandmother. I think that it was mean that the kids did that to Matt. Why would they even want the shirt? How would Attean not be afraid sleeping in the ocean. Ryan Day 7 Hay Tanner wigwam means a place where Indians live. Or as other people say it is a tepee. I can't really say which book I like better because I didn't even finish this one. So far I am really loving this book because it is a lot like Hatchet and I really liked Hatchet. I thought that it was a funny joke they played on Matt. He lost so he had to give his shirt away. To me I was surprised that his father has not come back home yet. I just hope that his father does come home so he doesn't have to keep thinking that he won't.