Tuesday, June 5, 2012

ashley day 3 so i thought it waz kinda funny when Matt did his ABCs to be honest i think Attean is a crazy name i wonger what it means? this is what i foundWhat Does My Name Mean? Attean - The Meaning of Names

What does the name “Attean” mean? A name is much more than just a name: activities, for you have many.

treat, that you always are.

talent, hidden or not.

exotic, no lack of spirit here!

acquaintance, the many friends you know.

natural, the genuine side of you.

Out of 5,272,694 records in the U.S. Social Security Administration data, the name “Attean” was not present. You might want to use a short version of your first name or perhaps your nickname.

On the other hand, you simply have a name that no one else in America is using. For 101 years only your parents have thought of using your name. Shane day 9 Hi Mrs.F I agree with Tyler when he says how it is weird how he doesn’t understand your territory but the sign of the beaver marks the hunting grounds. I think that Matt has enough food because there is going to be four people who barely eat at all. Jordyn I think that Matt will eventually have a friend like Attean. I don’t think the title is right for the book because they barely even talked about the sign of the beaver. Tannner Day 9 I agree with Jordyn that it doesnt really matter if Ateen goes hunting because he did already show all of us that read the book that he is a skilled hunter. I think that Matt doesnt need Ateen at all because Ateen taught him how to hunt and he has a hunting dog that can tell him if theres a predadtor coming. I think the dog will be very helpful in these last few chapters. It is really weird when he is talking to the dog and he says it will rain because he is treating him like he can talk. I wpnder what hes gonna get for christmas, but I think its gonna be a hunting thing. Lindsay Day 9- I don't think a kid should be put through so much work like Matt. Even if he did it voluntarily. The food Matt's mom makes sounds disgusting! What does meager mean? It's on page 120, paragraph two. I was so used to all this talking and conversation, but now that Matt barely has any company there isn't any communication. It sorta made the chapters boring. It was so kind of Matt to do that for his family! I don't know one guy that would do such a nice thing! Jordyn made a good point that Attean should do the hunt because he killed the bear. One more day! Who can't wait for Summer?! Brock Day 9 I think Matt really misses his family especially his sister Sarah. I think Attean taught him a lot of ways to live in the wilderness and he feels calmer then at the beginning of the book. Idiom Sarah would laugh now see him rubbing away with an old clamshell like an Indian. Jordan asked do you think Matt will have any more friends like Attean. I think he will not have any more friends like Attean. I think it would be boring to live where Matt is. I would feel bad for Matt if his family did not come. Tyler Day 9 I think Matt is going to move with the Indians because maybe Ben killed his father. What do snowshoes do? Brock I think Attean was just saying goodbye in the last chapter. I disagree with Lindsay when she said that Matt did the right thing not going with the Indians.